If you don’t have money to spare after buying your gifts this year, redecorate for friends and family by making your space feel warm and inviting with these tips for improving ambiance without breaking the bank!
- Keep your front porch clean and well maintained.
- Greet guests by opening the door for them promptly, invite them in with a smile!
- Offer your guests a cold drink on a hot day or a hot drink on a cold day.
- Spend 5 minutes a day putting away clutter.
- Spend 10 minutes every day cleaning something. Day one: vacuum one room, day two: dust and clean surfaces, day three: clean the kitchen counters.
- Open drapes and blinds during the day to let in natural light.
- Experiment with different combinations of lighting in your home to find one that suits you. For entertaining, the lighting should be even and not too bright.
- Open doors and windows to let fresh air in.
- Make sure that your guest bathroom is properly stocked: At least 2 rolls of TP within reach, and a hand towel by the sink.
- Turn off the TV and silence devices, instead put on some music that suits the mood!
If your lucky enough to be invited to someone else’s home for the holidays this year, feel free to share these simple pointers with your host!